Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nothing Much

Nothing much is going on here, which is kind of nice for a change. SodaBoy’s parents were here visiting last weekend, and the weekend before that we were out of town visiting friends. Add that to all the overnight travel I’ve been doing for week lately (2-3 days a week for the last 6 weeks or more) and I’m pretty grateful for a commitment-free weekend. I can’t officially call it a lazy weekend, as I’ve been pretty busy just catching up with chores and such, but it feels good to be knocking around the house, anyway.

Yesterday morning Nadine and I met for a trip to the farmer’s market, unsure what we’d find so late in the season. I guess one advantage of this non-autumn is there are lots of fresh, local veggies still available. I bought a couple local cheeses, too, and our dinner last night was all local except for the crackers we ate the cheese on. They were a product of Canada, a frustratingly vague label. Canada is not a small place after all: parts of it are rather nearby; others, obviously, are not.

No specific plans for today, although I’ve got another load of laundry chugging while we figure it out. It is another beautiful day, sunny and unseasonably warm. It would be nice to get out hiking, but many normal haunts are unusable this time of year: rifle season is officially open. We’ll figure something out. Or not. And for once, that would be OK, too. Being lazy has an unnatural appeal right about now.

5 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

Yes, you need a lazy weekend. Today is spectacularly beautiful (or so it appears to be thorugh the window).

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

YAY for being lazy! We had a rather lazy morning and then went off to Wolcott Mill where it turned out there was a civil war reenactment going on--we missed the battles, but all the tents and people in costume were interesting. Haven't had time to post about it.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I like to have some nothing much days to get caught up!

Tomorrow, I have to start cooking again.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I need a long stretch of nothing much to get caught up.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Hey, I already said that! DUH!