Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Swimming Hole

We spent much of our time in the White Mountain State in this creek, either canoeing or just bobbing around in this swimming hole, which is located in the backyard of friends of our friends (fast becoming friends in their own right). We saw the swimming hole when we visited last fall, but didn't truly appreciate its glory without a few dunks. It is mind boggling that a swimming hole of such splendor could be in a backyard; if I lived there, I might never leave. It was perfectly storybook. We also attended a rock concert, ate soft shell lobster with our hands, drank wine, and stayed up late every night, watching the stars and talking all kinds of silliness. It was a great weekend.

11 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

Wow! I too have trouble believing that could be in a backyard. I'm really going to wish I was there with the heat wave coming my way.

Momma Val said...

OMG, I want that! Too cool. Sounds so east coast . . . . I think? Swimming hole makes me think of Little House On The Prairie or something.

BrightBoy said...

That's so awesome! Those people are lucky. You should post more pictures.

Adam said...

That swimming hole looks amazing! It reminds me of the lake we stayed on in Hayward--very pristine.

This is a bit off topic, but I have been looking into colleges a bit lately. I even visted one when I was on vacation (Northland). I remember you offered to tell me about the college you went to. If you could enlighten me about that, I would find the info very helpful!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to cool off this summer!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Sounds fabulous! I'd liked to have been there too--what a great backyard. I am way behind. It will take a while to catch up! Glad it was fun!

Electronic Goose said...

This sounds, and looks, WONDERFUL. Really, really wonderful.

I'm glad you had a great time.

Stacy said...

Hanging out at the swimming hole sounds glorious and to be just in someone's backyard - a dream come true! We have "pot holes" in central Indiana that you can swim in - but they are in the middle of nowhere and not exactly in my backyard. :)ll

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

how delightful!

I have a pinched nerve in my neck that makes using the computer painful so will be doing less of it I hope for a while.

Debbie said...

I'm so wanting to be in that swimming hole...another spot of heaven on earth! How I'd love to go sit by it early mornings and evenings and of course swim/float all day. You're right..I'd never get out either :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

AH! OH!

Wish I were cooling off.