Nadine over at In Blue Ink is handing out letters. The challenge is to list ten things you like beginning with that letter. So here goes:
1) Berries. OK, this one is a given, but I might as well get it out of the way. And it is oh, so true. Going strawberry picking is something I often choose to do for my birthday. There is very little better than fresh sun-warmed berries.
2) Birds. Yes, also a freebie, but also something I truly like. The proof is in the pudding, right. See... here and here. Photographic evidence!
3) Books. I love books. I just finished Jean Hegland’s Into the Forest and before that, The Hungry Tide by Amitov Ghosh. A big thanks to Turtlebella, who wrote the review that piqued my interest in the latter.
4) Bungalows. Craftsman-style bungalows, the real thing. Not just any little saltbox the realtor decides to market that way.
5) Birches. We have seven paper birches planted around the edge of our backyard. The white peeling bark is a nice visual contrast to all the glorious green.
6) The beach. I should qualify that, though, if I am going to be honest. I don’t really care for bathing suits, and abhor laying out in the sun. It burns us. However, deserted beaches are a great place to walk. Lake Huron has some beauties.
7) Blue jeans. There is nothing more comfortable.
8) Burritos. Specifically the catfish burritos we used to get every Friday from the funky little Mexican place around the corner from our old apartment. We don’t get them as often now that we have to drive there.
9) Bechamel sauce. Yeah, I’m starting to reach here, but moussaka wouldn’t be the same without it. Mmm, creamy, pasty, good. There was a Middle Eastern restaurant right next door to the Mexican joint. We ate well when we lived there.
10) Bagginses. Nerd alert! But, seriously, who can resist a Baggins?