Tuesday, January 20, 2009

O Happy Day!

We do not have a TV in our office, and my work computer doesn't have speakers, so I had little hope for watching the inauguration. However, early this morning, one of the partners sent around an email letting everyone know she got the internets streaming to the big screen monitor in a conference room. She invited all who were interested to come and eat lunch together while watching the ceremonies. Of course, by 11:30 am when we showed up with our brown bags, all the news sites were crashed with the rush of eager viewers. We finally got a spurty feed from MSNBC to come in intermittently, and plugged in an old analog radio.

But nobody cared about the logistics... it was just so fantastic to be listening to President Obama speak, watching hope light up the faces around the table, and knowing that faces were lighting up with hope all around the world.

6 comments:

jo(e) said...

What a great day it's been.

Electronic Goose said...

I had the exact same experience, and no doubt will remember it until I die. Tears came to my eyes listening to him speak.

a/k/a Nadine said...

That's awesome that one of the partners arranged it for you all.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

YAY! Whooopee! Wahooo! Yippeee!

Aliki2006 said...

I think that was one of the neatest things about the inauguration for me--I know there were plenty of people out there who didn't feel the joy and hope, but there were just so many who were brought together by that day--and that amazing man.

Nicole said...

I watched it at home with Pepper. We both loved it!