Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lazy Saturday

Today has been a pretty awesome day, if you like lazy weekends. We started the day by sleeping ridiculously late, then got up and went out for breakfast, something we haven't done in a long time. Our favorite breakfast joint is also enjoyed by other humans and is often quite crowded, with people waiting to be seated. In the winter it can be uncomfortable when stupid people foolishly hold both sets of doors open simultaneously, thereby freezing out the entire restaurant. Apparently some people do not realize the point of a vestibule in cold climates. Very frustrating.

Anyway, our morning somnolence meant we were late enough so there were no such issues today: the crowds had dispersed. After our meal we stopped at the big box book store around the corner and got coffee drinks, browsing as we sipped our mochas. Do they pipe that delightful booky smell into those stores? We ended up with a few bargain books and SodaBoy splurged on a nice architecture book. When we got home, we shoveled the driveway, then headed out back for a walk in the woods.


After our walk, I made a cup of my favorite tea, an expensive treat that I reserve for weekends; I drink way too much tea to afford Rishi on a daily basis. Then I settled down on the new couch to do some reading while SodaBoy played the guitar, working on his newest song. Any day that includes sleeping in, banana pancakes, a walk in the woods, and me reading on the couch with a nice cup of tea? It's a good one.

5 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

Ooh, that does sound nice. I'd hoped to get outside today (as it was predicted to be the warmer of the two weekend days), but I somehow neglected to do any of the homework I have piling up. Oops. I could go for some banana pancakes too...

Coffeypot said...

You are like another lady I know who likes to walk in the snow - or ride a motorcycle in the stuff. What’s the matter with you people? It’s cold our there. You can get frostbite on your toes, you can slip and fall breaking an arm or your ass. An ice sickle can fall out of a tree and stick up in the top of your head. I’ll stay inside next to the heater, thank you very much. Burr, shiver, shiver.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

LOL--sorry, laughing at Coffeypot.

I'd love to have a lazy weekend.

I had a partially lazy day today--once I got home from the doctor. I laid in bed most of the day--because I was sick (wahn!)

The weekend was a bit frantic.

I used to love to go out to breakfast. There was a period of time many long years ago when I took my two small daughters out to breakfast once a week. Because I liked it and hubby didn't.

BerryBird said...

Welcome, Coffeypot, nice of you to stop by. We'll have to educate you in the ways of the northlands... can't you see the sun is shining? That mysterious yellow orb has haunted our skies for three days in a row now, a highly unusual occurrence in these parts. It burns us!

Coffeypot said...

I guess that is why all the vampire movies are made in the north, huh? Again, when the sun gets hot and burns, I stay in the air-conditioned home blogging, reading and watching television. I do exercise, too. I walk to the refrigerator for a beer and I skim thought weightlifting magazines.