Saturday, June 30, 2007

Shiny! New! Foxglove!

This morning I gave Nadine a call, and we met at the regional farmer's market to do a little shopping. We wove our way amongst the stalls of fresh produce, flowers, baked goods, and the occasional dairy. Although I did see a few vendors selling bananas and limes, the vast majority of items for sale were of local origin. We were like kids in a candy store. It was so hard to decide.


I finally ended up with locally grown peas and locally grown cherries, much cheaper and fresher than they'd be from the supermarket. And I am insanely pleased with my sole plant purchase, a gorgeous foxglove. This picture doesn't really do it justice, but you get some idea. I was also tempted by the local butter, and the myriad of produce options, especially the fresh lettuce. There is always next time, when I hope to get a few perennials.

I already have the perfect spot in mind.

3 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

My fudge and the raspberry moonpie were both delicious. I can't wait to go again.

Anonymous said...

Love the plant! We bought two hydrangea this weekend and a couple other plants I don't know the names of. We're finally making headway in our yard! Maybe we'll get a fox glove too...

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I love foxglove